Erasmus+ Integrate with EVS
Asfar is an EVS sending organisation in Swedish partner IFALL’s (www.integrationforalla.se) latest European Voluntary Service programme: Integrate with EVS.
Between now and the 15th July, Asfar and IFALL will be accepting applications from UK young people interested in participated in a 10 month EVS volunteering placement from 10th September 2017 to 10th July 2018.
The EVS volunteering placement will take place in Örkelljunga, Sweden and will include:
- Subsistence budget (for Food etc.)
- Monthly expenses budget
- Travel costs (up to the EU travel grant)
IFALL are looking for people with the following qualities and skills:
– Ready to work on the social inclusion agenda with refugees, immigrants, young people, children.
– Open minded to different cultures.
– Self-motivated and have initiative.
– Has the capacity to be part of the IFALL team in the local activities.
– To develop their own activities that are sustainable.
Desired Competencies but not requirements
– If you speak another language other than English.
– Expertise in film-making, graphic design and web design.
Typical daily activities/tasks
– To support other volunteers with the weekly activities; such as managing the language café, homework support, sport activities like football and volleyball, film evenings, arts and crafts and women group.
– To update project website, blog and monthly mails.
– To communicate with Swedish and European future volunteers answering questions about how to apply for a project especially EVS, giving advice how to find a project.
– To write articles about what is happening in other projects and taking pictures to be published on IFALL web page and Facebook.
– To help some administrative work such as membership registration and care.
– To plan and organize international evenings for immigrants and local people.
– To join international project meeting with project coordinators in Sweden.