What is it?
Digital Coffee & Talks was launched in March 2020 with the onset of the Coronavirus.
It was initially a micro-social action project established in partnership by the Asfar team, our current European Solidarity Corps volunteers and young people on our current Erasmus+ programmes.
Digital Coffee & Talks involved two key deliver elements: youth-led peer Support & Mentoring, through ‘Digital Coffees’ and ongoing Skills and Knowledge linked to our current Erasmus+ programmes, even with lockdown, through educational ‘Digital Talks’.
The programme management team is a partnership including Asfar’s staff and the current youth wing of the RESOLVE: Network including our current European Solidarity Corps volunteers on the ESC Volunteer 4 Peace programme and encouraged co-development and youth-led social action and solidarity, key themes of our wider work.
It also ensured both support opportunities for young people in our network throughout the different countries, with the knowledge that if they really needed extra assistance then they could request a one to one call with a member of staff.
Past Digital Talks subjects have included:
- Introduction to Transitional Justice
- Inter-ethnic Dialogue: the NDC’s 20 year engagement in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Self-Planner: Goal Catcher training
- Conflict Resolution and the Spiritual Realm in post-conflict Mozambique
- Peacebuilding in the context of COVID-19
- Understanding conflict in the midst of urban riots in the USA
- Eradicating Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) in Kenya
- RESOLVE: Concept
- An interactive discussion on Sport for Development
- Youth Express Network
- Intimate Partner Violence (IPV)
- Tackling Energy Poverty in Practice
- Youth Cooperation in the Western Balkans
- An introduction to long-term volunteering and the ESC
- Music Connects: How an inter-ethnic rock music program brings youth together in Europe’s most divided city
- Conflict Styles & Strategies
- Desectarianisation: a New Path for Peace Building?
- Rombelong Tutoring: Gypsy, Roma and Traveller people and education in the UK
Recordings of our previoust Digital Talks can be found on Asfar’s Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX9OxG1owqAhsjUNVTHRHDg/videos